Emergency Preparedness and Emergency Response Guide (ERG)
Basic Emergency Preparedness
Campus Police and Security recommends that you review the basic information below to ensure that you are prepared for potential emergency situations.
- Program the Campus Police telephone number into your cell phone (704.922.6480).
- Subscribe to GC Alert for text and email messages regarding weather and other important notices.
• Subscribe to GC Alert here, or select “GC Alert (Emergency Notification)” under the menu of Related Items on the left side of this page.
- Review the Emergency Response Guide (ERG) – see below.
- Know evacuation procedures (Exit-the-Building & Shelter-in-Place) located in the ERG.
- Participate in drills and training.
- Pay attention to emergency notifications (e.g., public address/PA announcements).
- Report suspicious persons and packages immediately to Campus Police.
- Be prepared for a hostile intruder/active shooter situation (Run-Hide-Fight & Lockdown)
• Learn more about the Run-Hide-Fight & Lockdown
Emergency Response Guide (ERG)
The Emergency Response Guide (ERG) provides guidelines for various emergency situations.
This guide does not cover every conceivable situation, but focuses on 10 categories. Please take time to become familiar with the guide.
Note: In addition to this online version, the ERG is also a printed document that is located at various locations throughout all three of Gaston College’s campuses.
Emergency Numbers and Locations
- Emergency – 911
- Campus Police (all campuses) – 704.922.6480
Dallas Campus (Main Office)
Comer Engineering Technology Building